The 5th Annual Wakefield Covered Bridge Run, 2015
The Wakefield Covered Bridge Run will take you through some of Wakefield’s most beautiful and picturesque landscapes. Whether you’re running up “Quad Buster Hill” in the half marathon trail run through Gatineau Park, or crossing the historical covered bridge in any one of our four running events, we promise a safe, challenging and unique running experience.
Your participation in the Wakefield Covered Bridge Run will help raise funds for the Wakefield Recreation Association (municipality of La Pêche). Over the past 3 years this run has raised $36,500 for their association and a portion net proceeds from this years event will go to them. They encourage a healthy community, fitness and well-being through the outdoor sports facilities and activities at the new Wakefield Community Center.
Location / Start times:
- All 4 events on Saturday start at the Vorlage Ski Hill at 65 ch. Burnside.
21.1km Trail Run: 9:25am
- The Duathlon on Sunday starts at Parent Parking at Lac Philippe in the Gatineau Park.
8:50am: Duathlon meeting
9:15am: Race Start (Individual and Relay)
Saturday May 2nd:
1. 3km Aubin et Lacasse Pharmaciens Family walk/run:
- This fun event for children and parents starts from Vorlage and goes to the other side of the Wakefield Covered Bridge and back. Click here to view map
2. 5 km Run/Walk:
- This event takes you through part of Wakefield, across the Covered Bridge then runs along the beautiful Gatineau River for 1km and back on the same route. Click here to view map
3. 10km Famille Charles IGA Run/Walk:
- This fun and picturesque 10km event takes you through a residential area of Wakefield, along the main strip of town for 800meters, across the Covered Bridge then along the beautiful Gatineau River for most of your mileage and back. Click here to view map
4. Half Marathon TRAIL RUN:
Limited to 250 people, must be 10 years of age or older.
- This exhilarating trail run takes you over rolling hills, flat sections, forests and open fields. It starts a little challenging in the first 100 meters straight up a section of the Vorlage Ski Hill (Quad Buster Hill), then passes the Wakefield Mill and joins part of the Trans-Canada Trail through the beautiful Gatineau Park to near Lac Philippe and back. There will be a water station at 2.5km that you will also hit at 17.5km on the way back, and one around km 8km. Those water tables will also have first aid. You are out on the trails so if you need food we suggest you bring a little bar or something as you need, water and first aid we provide.
Please NOTE: No dogs, no baby joggers/strollers, Nordic walking poles and no walkers for the Trail Run.
Sunday May 3rd:
Bushtukah Duathlon of La Pêche (9km Trail Run, 28km Bike, 4km Road Run)
Welcome the 2nd annual expansion of the Wakefield Coveres Bridge Run weekend. Join us in this unique duathlon in our beautiful Gatineau Park. All three sections start and finish at Parent Parling Lot on Lac Philippe. This event starts with a 9km trail run on trail 55 of the beautiful Taylor Lake Loup returning to Parent Parking. The cycling component goes 14 km out and back, on a beautiful paved country road with rolling hills, gorgeous farm land and colorful fields and back to Parent Parking and finishes with a 4 km sprint on the road.
- Map of 4km Run
- Team entries are available for this event of 2 to 3 people in relay fashion. Medals given to top 3 teams!
Race Kit Pick-up:
- Friday May 1st: Vorlage Ski Hill at 65 ch. Burnside, Wakefield Qc.
– From 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm, for May 3rd events and May 4th Duathlon.
- Saturday May 2nd: Vorlage Ski Hill at 65 ch. Burnside, Wakefield Qc.
– From 7:30 am to 8:20 am for 3km.
– From 7:30 am to 9:00 am for 5km and 21.1km Trail Run.
– From 7:30 am to 10:00 am for 10km.
– From 7:30 am to 12:00 pm for Duathlon kits.
- Sunday May 3rd: Parent Parking at Lac Philippe (Duathlon Race Start).
– From 8:00 am to 8:50 am.
Please NOTE: No dogs at all events, Thank you.
Registration: (2015 will open in December 2014)
Included in your registration:
- A Wakefield Covered Bridge Run dry fit Technical Race t-shirt, (male or female).
- A portion is donated to the Wakefield Recreation Association.
- Recovery snacks provided by Famille Charles IGA
Race Day Exhibitors:
On race day during the event, there will be Food, Music, a massage therapist and more!
- Famille Charles IGA Chelsea
- Municipalité de La Pêche
- 3km Family walk/run: Participation medals for youth 19 and under!
- Top 3 male and female in each: 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-100. Plus medals for top 3 male and female overall.
Medals for top 3 male and female in each category:
- 5 km event: 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-100. Plus, Top 3 male and female overall.
- 10 km event: 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-100. Plus, Top 3 male and female overall.
- Half Marathon Trail Run: 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-100. Plus, Top 3 male and female overall
Teams: Medals for top 3 teams in each event based on the fastest 3 times combined in each team.
- Individual: Medals top 3 male and female: 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-100. Top 3 male and female overall.
- Medals for top 3 team competitors!
Friends of Event:
Race Results 2014:
- Aubin et Lacasse Pharmaciens 3km Childrens Challenge | 57 participants
- 5 km Run/Walk | 188 participants
- Famille Charles IGA 10km Run/Walk | 143 participants
- Half Marathon Trail Run | 68 participants
- Bushtukah Duathlon | 37 participants
Race Results 2013:
- Aubin et Lacasse Pharmaciens 3km Childrens Challenge | 28 participants
- 5 km Run/Walk | 196 participants
- 10 km Run/Walk | 190 participants
- Half Marathon Trail Run | 80 participants
- Bushtukah Duathlon | 33 participants