The Wakefield Moonlight River Run is inspired by the landscape in Wakefield (La Pêche), Quebec. Under the light of the moon, the course takes you through some of Wakefield’s most beautiful and picturesque landscapes along the Gatineau River. At the finish, you’ll be greeted with live music and a community celebration right in the heart of the village. Your participation in the Moonlight River Run helps raise funds for reputable local and global charitable organizations like the Wakefield Emergency Fund and the Wakefield Grannies. Their mandates include the health and well-being of youth. Over the past 4 years, this event has donated $16,834.4 to these organizations collectively.
RACES BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
- 5 km KAFFÉ 1870 run/walk (Timed by Sportstats)
- 10 km Aubin et Lacasse Pharmaciens run/walk (Timed by Sportstats)
- 10 Mile Wakefield Express Run (Timed by Sportstats)
- Live Music 9:30pm to 10:15pm
- Zumba: 6:00pm, 6:45 and 7:30.
- Awards ceremony Approximately 10:30 pm once all runners are back.
- 8:30 pm: KAFFÉ 1870 5 km
- 8:20 pm: Aubin et Lacasse Pharmaciens 10 km
- 8:10 pm: 10 mile Wakefield Express Run
- Race starts at 38 Valley Drive at the Wakefield Community Centre.
RACE KIT PICK-UP and PARKING:
- Saturday Sept 24th, 2:00 pm to 7:30 pm (38 Valley Drive, Wakefield at the Wakefield Community Centre)
- Arrive early and join us from 5:30 pm on to enjoy food, music and visit our exhibitor expo before your race.
Parking – All vehicles MUST park at the Wakefield Community Centre at race start.
EXHIBITORS: (5:00 to 10:00 pm)
- Massage Therapy
- Local Food
- Zumba activities
INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION:
REGISTER IN PERSON:
RACE DAY REGISTRATION:
Race day registration is available cash or cheque only from 3pm to 7:30pm at the Wakefield Community Centre. Adult $80, Youth and Senior $70. SIGN UP BEFORE RACE DAY AND SAVE!
- The Wakefield Community Emergency Fund provides immediate financial assistance for basic necessities of life to those in need in the community. Bring hope and relief to local families facing emergencies in the Wakefield Community. With less than 1% WCEF administration costs your donation goes directly to the source of need and makes a difference in someone’s life.
- The Wakefield Grannies support Grandmothers raising their AIDS orphaned grandchildren in Alexandra Township, South Africa by providing loving support through letters as well as financial assistance for food supplementation,school supplies and other necessities.