Wakefield Moonlight River Run
The Wakefield Moonlight River Run is inspired by the landscape in Wakefield (La Pêche), Quebec. Under the light of the moon, the course takes you through some of Wakefield’s most beautiful and picturesque landscapes along the Gatineau River. At the finish, you’ll be greeted with live music and a community celebration right in the heart of the village. Your participation in the Moonlight River Run helps raise funds for reputable local and global charitable organizations like the Wakefield Emergency Fund and the Wakefield Grannies. Their mandates include the health and well-being of youth. Over the past 2 years, this event has donated $13,000 to these organizations.
- 5 km run/walk (Timed by Sportstats)
- 10 km run/walk (Timed by Sportstats)
- 10 Mile Run (Timed by Sportstats)
- Live Music!
- Zumba: 6:00pm, 6:45 and 7:30.
- 5 km: 8:30 pm
- 10 km: 8:20 pm
- 10 mile: 8:10 pm
- Race starts at 38 Valley Drive at the Wakefield Community Centre.
- Awards ceremony 10:30 pm
Race Kit Pick-up Location and Parking:
- Friday Sept 26th, 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Running Room, 901 Bank Street, Ottawa)
- Saturday Sept 27th, 5:30 pm to 8:20 pm (38 Valley Drive, Wakefield at the Wakefield Community Centre)
- Arrive early for race kit pick up and join us from 5:30 pm to 8:20 pm to enjoy food and visit our exhibitor expo.
Parking – All vehicles MUST park at the Wakefield Community Centre at race start.
Race Night Exhibitors (5:00 to 9:00 pm)
- Investors Group
- Massage Therapy
- Local Food
- Zumba activities
Come join the fun before your race and enjoy the gifts of Wakefield!
- A Wakefield Moonlight River Run dry fit Technical Race t-shirt,
- An Energizer head lamp (Mandatory to wear one for event for safety and FUN)
- Recovery food at the end of your run with live music!
- Hot Chili (with donation)
- Part of your registration is donated to support the Wakefield Grannies and The Wakefield Emergency Fund.
Register by Sept 1st and save! Prices increase after this date until Sept 24th at midnight when registration closes. After Sept 24th you can only register in person on Race Day – Sept 27th from 5:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m at an extra cost (cash or cheque ONLY) and t-shirt sizes are not guaranteed.