Saturday Sept 26th 2015
The Wakefield Moonlight River Run is inspired by the landscape in Wakefield (La Pêche), Quebec. Under the light of the moon, the course takes you through some of Wakefield’s most beautiful and picturesque landscapes along the Gatineau River. At the finish, you’ll be greeted with live music and a community celebration right in the heart of the village. Your participation in the Moonlight River Run helps raise funds for reputable local and global charitable organizations like the Wakefield Emergency Fund and the Wakefield Grannies. Their mandates include the health and well-being of youth. Over the past 3 years, this event has donated $15,000 to these organizations collectively.
- 5 km KAFFÉ 1870 run/walk (Timed by Sportstats)
- 10 km Aubin et Lacasse Pharmaciens run/walk (Timed by Sportstats)
- 10 Mile Run (Timed by Sportstats)
- Live Music 2015 TBD
- Zumba: 6:00pm, 6:45 and 7:30.
- 8:30 pm: KAFFÉ 1870 5 km
- 8:20 pm: Aubin et Lacasse Pharmaciens 10 km
- 8:10 pm: 10 mile
- Race starts at 38 Valley Drive at the Wakefield Community Centre.
- Awards ceremony 10:30 pm
Race Kit Pick-up Location and Parking:
- Saturday Sept 26th, 3:00 pm to 7:30 pm (38 Valley Drive, Wakefield at the Wakefield Community Centre)
- Arrive early and join us from 5:30 pm on to enjoy food, music and visit our exhibitor expo before your race.
Parking – All vehicles MUST park at the Wakefield Community Centre at race start.
Race Night Exhibitors (5:00 to 10:00 pm)
- Massage Therapy
- Local Food
- Zumba activities
Come join the fun before your race and enjoy the gifts of Wakefield!
REGISTER IN PERSON:
Included in your registration:
- A Wakefield Moonlight River Run dry fit Technical Race t-shirt,
- An Energizer head lamp (Mandatory to wear one for event for safety and FUN)
- Recovery food at the end of your run with live music!
- Hot Chili (with donation)
- Part of your registration is donated to support the Wakefield Grannies and The Wakefield Emergency Fund.
Register by August 31st and save! Prices increase after this date until Sept 23rd at midnight when registration closes. After Sept 23rd you can only register in person on Race Day from 5:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m at an extra cost (cash or cheque ONLY) and t-shirt sizes are not guaranteed.