The Wakefield Moonlight River Run is inspired by the landscape in Wakefield (La Pêche), Quebec.
Under the light of the moon, the course takes you through some of Wakefield’s most beautiful and picturesque landscapes along the Gatineau River.
At the finish, you’ll be greeted with live music and a community celebration right in the heart of the village. Your participation in the Moonlight River Run helps raise funds for reputable local and global charitable organizations like the Wakefield Emergency Fund and the Wakefield Grannies. Their mandates include the health and well-being of youth. Over the past 6 years, this event has raised $21,408.15 to these organizations collectively.
Wakefield Centre La Pêche, Wakefield, QC + Google Map
ALL Events CANCELLED 2018, 2019...
- 5 km
- 10 km
- 10 Mile
Included in your Registration
- A Wakefield Moonlight River Run Race t-shirt,
- An Energizer head lamp (Mandatory to wear one for event for safety and FUN)
- Recovery food at the end of your run with live music!
- Hot Chili
- Part of your registration is donated to support the Wakefield Grannies and The Wakefield Emergency Fund.
- 8:30 pm: 5 km
- 8:20 pm: 10 km
- 8:10 pm: 10 mile
- Race starts at 38 Valley Drive at the Wakefield Community Centre.
Race Kit Pick-Up and Parking
Saturday Sept 29th Race day, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm (38 Valley Drive, Wakefield at the Wakefield Community Centre). Arrive early and join us from 7 pm to enjoy food, music and visit our expo before your race.
Parking – All vehicles MUST park at the Wakefield Community Centre at race start - FREE.
- Letter to residents of Wakefield
- Road closure on Chemin de la Vallée de Wakefield 7:45pm to 10:30 pm
- Riverside Road: partial road closure - Municipality of Chelsea
- 5 km by Aubin et LaCasse Pharmaciens
- 10 km by KAFFÉ 1870
- 10 Miles by Groupe Santé Dentaire de Wakefield
Exhibitors (6:00 to 10:30 pm)
- Massage Therapy
- Local Food
- Zumba activities
Charities and Fundraising
We have a 1 night stays for 2 people at the Beautiful Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa to WIN!! Anyone who donates $30 or more will be entered in the draw to win this WONDERFUL prize! Help us support the Wakefield Grannies and The Wakefield Community Emergency Fund! by donating or pledging an athlete NOW:
The Wakefield Community Emergency Fund provides immediate financial assistance for basic necessities of life to those in need in the community. Bring hope and relief to local families facing emergencies in the Wakefield Community. With less than 1% WCEF administration costs your donation goes directly to the source of need and makes a difference in someone’s life.
The Wakefield Grannies support Grandmothers raising their AIDS orphaned grandchildren in Alexandra Township, South Africa by providing loving support through letters as well as financial assistance for food supplementation,school supplies and other necessities.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 male and top 5 female participants overall in the 5 km, 10 km and 10 mile event. Special recognition for the top team in each event.
Category results will be posted for:
- 5 km: 0-10, 11-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and up.
- 10 km: 0-10, 11-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and up.
- 10 mile (16 km): 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and up.
- Top 3 teams in 5km, 10km, 10 mile (Based on the 3 fastest times per team).
All awards will be announced at the ceremony around 10:30 pm at the race finish area of the Wakefield Community Centre once all runners have returned.
The Wakefield Moonlight River Run needs 50 volunteers to help coordinate activities. This run could not happen without dedicated individuals who give their time to make a difference. All volunteers will receive:
- a Wakefield Moonlight River Run Volunteer race t-shirt
- recovery food provided by local businesses
More about volunteering.